12 August 2011

Niagara Falls



Living in Central New York, it is pretty well obligatory to make a pilgrimage to Niagara Falls to see the western four Great Lakes making there way down the 167' drop toward Lake Ontario. So, this past Saturday, off we went.

Well-known as a gull hotspot in the winter, in the summer, Niagara hosts an enormous number of Ring-billed Gulls. They were the only type of gull I saw all day.



Amidst all the gulls, I was able to spy a Spotted Sandpiper feeding along the rocks in the Niagara River.



Having the batteries give out in my camera, and the spares back at the car, I had to hike back to get them. On my return, I came across a Song Sparrow kind enough to pose as reward for my troubles.



He was also singing, as his name would imply.



There were Canada Geese as well.

No comments: